A little background…
I’ve been making pots full-time for over 40 years, ever since graduating from Temple University’s Tyler School of Art with a MFA in ceramics. Also during this time I’ve regularly taught ceramics. Taking a little time away from my studio keeps my ideas fresh.
Selected teaching experience:
- – Greenwich House Pottery, New York City
- – Clay Art Center, Port Chester, New York
- – Sir Sandford Fleming College, Coburg and Belleville, Ontario
- – Koffler Centre of the Arts, Toronto, Ontario
- – Dundas Valley School of Art, Dundas, Ontario
- – Haliburton School of Art, Haliburton, Ontario. Summer workshops and Sir Sandford Fleming College Certificate Program.
- I’ve also conducted over 150 workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and critiques across Canada and the USA.
Other professional activities:
- – Founding member of Artspace Gallery , Peterborough, Ontario
- – Member of the Professional Craftsman’s Advisory Committee for the Ontario Crafts Council
- – Vice-President and later Chairman of Fusion, the Ontario Clay and Glass Association
- – Juror for both the Ontario Crafts Council and Fusion, as well as for other guilds and art associations
- – Featured in various publications including Fusion and Ceramics Monthly
- – Exhibited in many juried, group, and one-person shows across Canada, in the USA, and internationally